Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Office visits are by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, please call 706-548-5488.
In the event of an emergency after regular business hours, please seek immediate assistance by calling 911.
Should you be taken to the emergency room for evaluation, the emergency room doctor will see to it that you receive appropriate care for your condition and will be able to contact our physician.
Our physicians hold privileges at both St. Mary’s Hospital and Athens Regional Medical Center.
Appointment Cancellation Policy
In an effort to have as many appointments available to our patients as possible, it is important to give our staff 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Athens General & Colorectal Surgeons may charge you a no-show fee of $20 if the 24-hour notice is not provided.
What You Should Bring to Your Appointment
In order to provide you with prompt and complete care please be sure to bring with you the following:
- Insurance information/cards
- Photo identification
- Any medical records pertaining to your visit
- All current medications — prescription bottles preferred
Athens General and Colorectal Surgery asks that all new patients arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment to allow time for necessary registration paperwork before seeing the physician.
A complete list of insurance providers is outlined below, please contact your insurance provider or AGCS with any questions regarding coverage.
Managed Care Contracts
- Aetna/U.S. HealthCare – All plans
- Beech Street PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, POS and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Indemnity
- Care Improvement Plus
- CCN (Community Care Network)
- ChoiceCare PPO
- Cigna – All plans
- Coventry HMO and PPO
- First Health Network
- Humana – All plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio (SuperMed)
- MultiPlan (includes BCE Emergis, Preferred Plan of Georgia, Pro America and Up&Up)
- NovaNet PPO
- Tricare (Active, Retired/Champus & Prime Military)
- United Healthcare – All plans